Monday, September 8, 2008

Reflection #1 - technucation!

That's right, I'm reflecting. It's mildly forced reflection, but that's why I waited until the day before it was due to start.

But not really, I reflected quite a bit in class. For example, the definitions I came up with:

to learn: to gain knowledge and understanding through personal experiences, reflection, others' experiences, or others' knowledge, which leads to an improvement in your life

to teach: to share knowledge and understanding through words and/or example. to teach well is to invoke a curiosity in the pupil so they willingly and actively learn for themselves

technology education: teaching and learning ways to use technology to better understand and manipulate the world around us

I feel like I tried too hard to sound like a textbook. Either way, later I wrote and underlined the phrase "using technology to more efficiently create." Creating is neat. I'm trying to avoid ranting about it. In a nutshell, I love creating, I love teaching. That part 2 of 'to teach' embodies my personal philosophy behind teaching, which is merely to inspire/invoke their curiosity, and they take control of their own education from there.

1 comment:

gaw said...

You're missing your second reflection?!